The aggressive lines of the all-new 2014 CLA aren't merely for show, however -- they also help create aerodynamics worthy of a supercar. Likewise, alluring form and superior function come together in the sculpted headlamps, available in Bi-Xenon with integrated LED Daytime Running Lights, and standard LED tail lamps.
An even greater degree of visual ferocity can be achieved with the available Sport Package, with chiseled sport body styling that includes a larger front apron with massive air inlets, as well as flared side skirts and a sleek rear diffuser. The Sport Package also includes the diamond-pattern version of the front sport grille -- boasting brilliant, silver-tipped studs instead of black -- not to mention 18-inch twin 5-spoke alloy wheels and sport front brakes with perforated rotors.
- Aggressive, four-door design with studded sport grille
- Turbocharged, 208-hp inline-4 engine delivering 258 lb-ft of torque
- Advanced dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
- Front sport seats and three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
- mbrace2 in-vehicle technology suite with available Internet access
- Full Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming and hands-free calling
- Available iPod/MP3 Media Interface, harman/kardon surround-sound system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with Traffic and Weather, and navigation with voice control
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Available Driver Assistance Package featuring DISTRONIC adaptive cruise control, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
- Optional Sport Package includes sport body styling, 18-inch wheels and front sport brakes
- Available limited-production Launch Edition
photo: Kayode Ojo at the Chicago Auto Show